We are pleased to invite you to the the launch of the new Industrial Digitalisation Accelerator (IDA).
The launch event will feature an exhibition of Industry 4.0 experts and practitioners at various stages of their own journeys, with relevant use case demonstrations to offer insight, provoke discussion and help you accelerate your own digital journey.
Please note this invitation is for the named email recipient only.
Wednesday 26th June 2019
9:00 am to 12:30 pm
STFC Hartree Centre,
WA4 4AD - UK
What is the Industrial Digitalisation Accelerator?
A practical, collaborative space where your business, large or small, can drive forward the exploration and integration of Industry 4.0 technologies like big data analytics, Internet of Things (IoT), modelling, simulation and sensor technology. This could be producing proof of concepts, acquiring Industry 4.0 technologies through Made Smarter, or developing fully-blown digital solutions for your business.
How is this different from what is currently available?
This is the first time that three distinct and yet complementary experts in the field of computing, analytics and IoT solutions have come together and combined their expertise to deliver UK industry the opportunity to discover new pathways to growth and make it real.
Who is behind it?
The Industrial Digitalisation Accelerator (IDA) combines the strengths of:
- Siemens | 170 year industrial heritage and industrial / IoT software. Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalisation. DI drives the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With its Digital Enterprise portfolio, DI provides companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalise the entire value chain. Optimised for the specific needs of each industry, DI's unique portfolio supports customers to achieve greater productivity and flexibility.
- Atos | A global leader in digital transformation and brings the power of Atos Codex to the IDA. Atos Codex is a complete portfolio for data-driven business transformation in every market. With deep domain knowledge and expertise, we design, build, run and secure your smart business services and data platforms. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, Atos also provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions through its Digital Transformation Factory.
- STFC Hartree Centre | Improving the productivity of people and processes to transform UK industry using advanced computing, data and artificial intelligence (AI) technologies. Our experts are backed by over £170 million UK Government investment and a strategic network of industry, academic and technology partnerships.
Why this/Why now?
The Industrial Digitalisation Accelerator (IDA) is ideally placed to address many of the challenges set out in the independent Made Smarter Review commissioned by UK Government, including:
- Upskilling the UK workforce in high-demand digital areas e.g. data, simulation, IoT
- Creating a thriving High Value Manufacturing environment
- Building demonstrators to prove the art of the possible to UK businesses
- Providing access to industrial digital technologies for UK manufacturers
- Improve the (traditionally poor) UK productivity compared to global rivals
The Made Smarter Review estimates that if successfully implemented, these solutions could add £455bn to UK GDP within the next 10 years.
The IDA also provides a potential resource for external funding programmes (Innovate, Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund etc).
For further information & questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org